Thank you Nordstrom for sponsoring this post. As always, I only share products I love.
It would be accurate to say that 2018 was the year I became skin care obsessed and my desire to find the best products is showing no signs of slowing down.
I incorporated some new products into my nightly skin care routine recently because my skin was feeling so dehydrated from all of the indoor heat we use in the winter months. I usually only use anti-aging serums at night, but I really needed to add a high-quality moisturizer over my other products to see a difference in my skin.
Today I’m sharing my night-time skin care routine and all of the products I use daily or weekly to beautify “in my sleep.” They’re all from Nordstrom – one of my favorite places to shop for all things beauty and skin care. Nordstrom offers free shipping + returns and a huge product selection, making it easy to find everything you need from blush, to facial cleanser to dry shampoo, all in one place.
GLOW & PLUMP
First is a new love, LANCÔME’s Absolue Revitalizing & Brightening Soft Cream . Before we delve in, let’s address the elephant in the room: yes, it’s pricey. I actually purchased it as part of this discovery set which has the full size soft cream ($120 value) plus three other products from the new Absolue line, so you’re getting 4 total products for the price of just the soft cream.
What made me pick this soft cream is that it has a really beautiful (but not irritating or overbearing) rose scent (my fave) and that it applies and moisturizes like a cream, but turns into more of a serum when you work it into your skin. This soft cream helps improve the texture of your skin, reduces fine lines and provides tons of hydration. It’s created with grand rose extracts and helps to firm and pump the skin – I’ve found that I wake up with more hydrated and overall more glowing skin in the morning since I added this to my nightly regimen. You can wear it under makeup as well (it’s non-greasy and doesn’t pill), but after trying it both day and night, I prefer to use it in the PM for that extra boost. I’ve used other moisturizers before, but this one has felt the most luxurious and “glowy” on my skin. The scent is a huge bonus, but I’d enjoy it without it, too.
THE EYES HAVE IT
Eye cream is a must at 35 (and before that, TBH). I’ve been rotating different eye creams for the sake of reviewing new ones for y’all – so I’ve added Dermalogica’s age reversal eye complex and Lancome’s Absolue eye cream, which came with the $120 discovery set .
Okay, here’s the deal with Dermalogica’s age reversal eye complex : it’s a retinol eye cream, so you have to build your tolerance to it. I only use it a couple of times a week right now. I used it twice in a row by accident once, and my under eye area was peeling a little. Retinol is the gold standard for aging (ask any dermatologist) and this cream addresses a multitude of issues including crow’s feet, puffiness and dark circles due to hyperpigmentation. It also contains tissue-regenerating peptides plus vitamin C fortify skin. I’ve been using Dermalogica products for several years and always find them to be very high-quality and effective. There’s a great NPR “How I Built This” podcast episide about this brand if you’re interested.
Lancome’s Absolue eye cream (part of the discovery set ) is made with the same grand rose extracts as the soft cream and feels like a dream on! I use this one days I’m not using the retinol. Helps to brighten eyes and hydrate the delicate under eye area. LASHES FOR DAYS
I’m a lash serum devotee for life. I rarely go to bed without it. It’s become a staple in my routine and has helped grow my lashes so long – they’re just incredible, especially when I curl them. I love NeuLash and RevitaLash – I’m often asked “which is better” and truly, it’s hard to say. They both work incredibly well and I’ve had fantastic results with both.
Most recently, I’ve been using RevitaLash and have been in awe of the results – so while it’s my current fave, I’ve also had incredible results with NeuLash – you can’t go wrong. One swipe on each eyelid/lash line each night and you start to see results in 4-6 weeks. I hate lash extensions so for me, the serums are worth the cost – they cost less than extensions, don’t damage your lashes and don’t require 1-3 hour long appointments (no thank you!)
There are so many face masks on the market right now – it’s totally overwhelming. I try a lot of them and the ones I come back to on the regular include these three: Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell , Origins Rose Clay mask and FRESH Black Tea Overnight Firming Mask .
Each mask servers a different purpose – the Rose Stem Cell is a hydration and radiance booster – it can be worn for 20 minutes, an hour, or even overnight. I have been using it for years and adore it. It’s a nice soothing, cooling gel and feels amazing on your skin.
The Rose Clay mask exfoliates (gently) and helps to decrease pores and make skin look more clear. I’ve also been using it for several years and it continues to be a favorite. I usually “multi-mask” (yep, totally a thing) and use this mask on my nose, forehead and chin and the rose stem cell on my cheeks.
Lastly, the Black Tea Overnight Firming Mask is literally meant to be worn overnight, making your skin amazing as you sleep. Its ingredients work together to create a more defined and contoured complexion (that’s the firming for ya!) and it contains awesome ingredients like antioxidant-rich black tea ferment, black tea extract, blackberry leaf extract and lychee seed extract. It also has one of the best moisture boosting ingredients ever, hyaluronic acid. SKIN TREATMENTS
Sometimes. I break out and when I do, I do two things. First, I use Dr. Dennis Gross Spot Lite Blemish Reducer . I know it gets “eh” reviews, but I swear it has made a difference for me. The moment I even feel a zit coming (mine are hormonal and I’ll get one or two every month or two) I use this red light treatment on the area (for 3 minutes) and I have noticed that my zits either don’t get as large/inflammed, don’t ever come to a head or heal much more quickly than before I had this light. I thought it was a fad when I got it in a PR package, but I use it all the time to prevent and treat acne – the three minutes at night are so worth the difference it makes. I recommend this for someone with occasional breakouts – not for anyone struggling with moderate to severe acne.
I’ve been using and re-purchasing Mario Badescu’s drying lotion for several years – it’s a great overnight treatment for a pimple – whether it’s active or not yet come to a head. I apply it with a q-tip and wait for it to work its drying magic while I sleep.
I’ve been wanting to incorporate a retinol cream back into my night time skin care routine (I currently use an AHA/BHA serum) and I decided to try Dermalogica’s overnight retinol repair since it’s a brand I like and am comfortable with. I have not started using it yet – so stay tuned for an update in the coming months. If you’ve used it, I’d love to hear your feedback! INFUSE MOISTURE INTO YOUR LIPS
As I get into bed each night, I apply my beloved Christain Dior rose blam (which looks to be sold out). But no fear – Lancome’s discovery set includes their Nourishing Lip Balm in Honey-in-Rose. It’s a rich salve made for smoother, plumper lips. I keep it on my bedside tray and it’s a winner. LOVE. BETTER HAIR, WHILE YOU SLEEP
This may seem odd, but I’ve blogged about it before, so it’s nothing new – if you want to preserve your blowout, apply Living Proof dry shampoo lightly around the top and sides of your hair (as close to the roots as possible). I swear it helps your hair stay cleaner and when you wake up, your hair will look more like it has retained its volume and style. I usually do this when I’m on third day hair, but sometimes even on second day hair.
If you want an extra boost for your skin and hair while you sleep, you can also try a nutritional supplement (take these with a meal – dinner time is perfect). HUM Nutrition’s Red Carpet supplement contains GLA (an omega-6 known to stimulate healthy skin and stronger hair) and vitamin E, which helps bolster shiny hair and glowing skin. There are other HUM supplements for all kinds of beauty needs as well – see them here . Are these a little “extra”? Sure! But it never hurts to try them to see if they make a difference for you (always consult a doctor prior to adding supplements to your diet). SLEEP MASK IT
I think I’ve blogged about sleep masks 100 times at this point, but they have been a game-changer for my sleep. Honestly, I sleep better when I wear one because my eyes are so sensitive to light that even the transom window in our master emits enough to disturb me. The key is to use a silky sleep mask so it doesn’t rub your sensitive eye area. This one is very popular – and you can also buy the set that comes with the silk pillowcase cover that is said to be so much better for your hair when you sleep. I have been wanting this silk pillowcase cover for some time now and finally ordered it (it will be here this week!) What products do you use to beautify in your sleep? Please share your recommendations! SHOP THE POST:
Will these products spark joy? Why yes, I thought you8217;d never ask! 1. L8217;Oreal Rouge Signature Matte Color Ink is one of the most comfortable liquid lipsticks I8217;ve *personally* ever tried, because it feels crazy lightweight (like a tint or stain!), doesn8217;t feel drying, and its pointed applicator makes it easy to get super precise with your lines. Tap to play GIF Tap to play GIF instagram.com , Sarah Han
Promising review: 8220;Most amazing lip ink I have ever used. The colors are just stunning. It stays on ALL DAY and the applicator is crazy wonderful!! I love it so much that I bought three colors. The rose color is for every day and the deep ruby red is special occasions. Just fantastic.8221; — Karen8217;s Stuff
Get it from Amazon for $9.97+ (available in 12 shades).
2. Chapstick Total Hydration Conditioning Lip Scrubs ensure your pout stays healthy, hydrated, and free of cracks with nourishing oils and butters, as well as sugar crystals for oh-so-gentle exfoliation. Amazon
Promising review : “I LOVE THIS STUFF. It provides total hydration and really does give my lips a smoother, fuller appearance. I will be back for more and also plan on using some of these as stocking stuffers.” — L.A. Bella Peace
Get it from Amazon for $4.49 + (available in four flavors).
3. Mighty Patches answer your pimple anxieties with their special hydrocolloid material that draws out all of the gross (but oddly satisfying) pus and other impurities inside whitehead-showing pimples — stick 8217;em on those suckers and watch them deflate before your very eyes! instagram.com , Amazon Promising review: 8220;Now that I have to deal with 8216;adult acne,8217; it8217;s sent me scurrying in every direction, from drugstore to dermatologist, to try and clear it. Unlike my teenage years, the problems I deal with now are not straightforward zits. My pores get clogged, but they8217;re stubborn buggers and don8217;t like to be extracted. The Mighty Patch has been great because it actually succeeds in bringing all that grossness to the surface. From there, it8217;s easy just to extract and blast off. I8217;m also guilty of that cardinal sin in zit care — constantly poking at the blemish and this keeps me from myself. I8217;ve already gone through one sheet!8221; — Karen Lee
Get a 36-pack of regular patches from Amazon for $11.88 or Free People for $13 .
4. Bliss Rose Gold Rescue Soothing Toner is the 8216;gram-worthy fact mist your dried-out skin craves — just imagine: it8217;s 3 p.m., your face is looking as sleepy as your brain feels, and voila, a gentle, fine stream of rosewater and collodial gold wakes you up, and you8217;re back at it! instagram.com
Promising review: 8220;Smells great and has a super fine mist. I use it after the Rose Gold Rescue Cleanser , which is also great! Love the packaging as well.8221; —Angie M.
Get it from Target for $9.99 .
5. Maybelline Facestudio Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter imparts a go geous gold (or rose gold! or topaz!) highlight with a subtle glitter effect that8217;s densely packed so you don8217;t experience any messy fallout — just jaw-dropping cheekbones! amazon.com , instagram.com Promising review: 8220;I usually only trust high-end highlighters because drugstore ones tend to not be very reflective, but I’m blown away by this collection. The color is beautiful and it does contain some glitter. If you like the rosy color, but want no glitter I recommend you get the molten gold rose.8221; — Andrea Calleros
Get it from Amazon for $7.49+ (available in three shades).
These highlighters also come in two holographic shades, and you can read my review of the ~purple~ one in 8221; Just 8 Maybelline Products We Really Love 8221; (#3).
6. E.l.f. Cosmetics Hello Hydration! Face Cream plumps up your skin in record time with good-for-you ingredients including hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, squalane, Vitamin B5, and peptides for a packed formula that helps improve elasticity, promote collagen, and maintain a baby-soft texture that even cold weather can8217;t break down. instagram.com
Promising review: 8220;I am HOOKED! This is the best cream I have ever tried! It8217;s not greasy and absorbs right into my skin, leaving it feeling soft, moisturized, and refreshed. I8217;ve had no dry spots like I normally get this time of year8221; —Jeni4b4
Get it from E.l.f. Cosmetics for $12 .
7. My Skin Mentor Dr. G Brightening Peeling Gel is a physical exfoliatior that flippin8217; works — the gel instantly forms into little balls of cellulose that slough off way more dead skin cells and surface debris than you thought possible for a smoother, brighter (hello, vitamins C and E!) complexion. Tap to play GIF Tap to play GIF Soko Glam, Amazon
And despite its intense claims, it8217;s totally gentle enough for sensitive skin and it8217;s packed with calming ingredients like honey, black willow, and aloe.
Promising review: 8220;Good heavens, this stuff is amazing! I tried it for the first time last night on my dull, wintery skin and I could not look away from all the dead skin being lifted off my face. Every single dry and dull patch gone, and even my roughest spots felt like baby-soft skin! My over-50 enlarged pores were immediately reduced and hardly noticeable — they have not looked this good since my thirties! And that8217;s after one use. Bonus for sensitive skin — no sensitivity, tingling, or redness during or after. Sign me up for the gallon size!!8221; — Paula
Check out our full review, 8221; Here’s The Deal With The Magical Peeling Face Gel Everyone Loves ,8221; for all the deets!
Get a 4.2 oz bottle from Amazon for $11.99 or an exclusive two-piece set (one 4.2 oz and 2.1 oz bottle each) from Soko Glam for $28 .
8. John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch-Up Crème keeps frizz, static, and flyaways (oh my!) under control and gives locks a lightweight, glossy coat for a healthy shine you can8217;t fake — and it even helps prevent beanie hair, which cold weather peeps probably all have at this point. instagram.com
Promising review: 8220;I have curly hair, so when I straighten it all of the little frizzies around my scalp and face come out. The tiniest little drop of this helps smooth my frizzies out and keep my hair in place. I8217;ve been using this product for years and I plan to continue in the future.8221; — Christina C.
Get it from Amazon for $7.47 .
9. Vogue Effects Eyeliner Stamp shaves off precious minutes spent trying to draw perfect cat eyes and also comes with a liner on the other side, because we8217;re all about hacks that make sleepy mornings a little more bearable. Amazon, amazon.com Check out how a BuzzFeed editor uses a v similar one to create the ~perfect~ cat eye !
Promising review : 8220;Let me start by saying this isn8217;t my first cat eye rodeo. I8217;ve tried the taping method, normal liquid liner, plastic winged stamping devices, stencils, all of it! Well, this gem arrived and I immediately had to try it out, all while laughing at how terrible this would probably turn out8230;but to my surprise I put the left cat eye on first and it was perfect. I thought this was a fluke and did the right eye8230;again, it came out clean and perfect! I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE BEEN ABLE TO DO A CAT EYE IN UNDER 10 MINUTES, LET ALONE THE TWO MINUTES THIS TOOK TO DO! There were no sloppy streaks that I had to touch up or anything you would expect. Just a clean crisp line. I can now do a cat eye EVERY day and look/feel like a badass. Everyone can think I spend hours doing my makeup in the morning.8221; — LadyMeow
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $10.99+ (available in three sizes).
Read our full rundown on this product in If You Hate Doing Winged Eyeliner, You 100% Need This Cat-Eye Stamp , and see what won best liquid eyeliners at BuzzFeed Reviews .
10. Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer is perfect for lazy people who hate feeling sticky and waiting for moisturizer to dry (hello, me!) — you apply this while your skin is *still wet* and wait a few minutes for it to sink it, so by the time you8217;re ready to collapse into bed your bod is feeling as silky as can be! Amazon
Promising review: 8220;I8217;ve always been one who didn8217;t want to take the time to slather my skin in some lotion that took forever to sink in. I have found the holy grail of solutions!! This lotion has the consistency of conditioner. I turn off my shower and it only takes a minute to apply. I don8217;t even pat it dry. I just throw on my robe and start applying skincare products on my face. The lotion absorbs quickly and it keeps my skin hydrated ALL day! Love it! 8221; — Meagan
Get it from Amazon for $5.99+ (available in four varieties).
11. Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo sweeps away all of that heavy, scalp-clogging buildup you8217;ve accumulated since your last wash (from styling products or otherwise) and boosts volume — all without irritating your scalp or stripping your hair of its natural oils, win! Amazon, amazon.com Just be sure to follow up with a hydrating conditioner or mask!
Promising review: 8220;Great product! This shampoo removed months/years of product build-up in my hair that I didn8217;t even know I had . After just one wash, my hair felt lighter, finer, more voluminous, and I needed less styling products to achieve the same results. But be careful not to use this too often as it can dry out your hair. I have long, dark fine hair and I use this about once every two weeks, or once every four to five washes.8221; — Kat
Get it from Amazon for $4.83+ .
12. Tonymoly Liptone Lip Care Sticks contain shea butter, coconut oil, camellia oil, rosehip oil, manuka honey, and other ingredients intended to keep your lips soft, no matter what the elements hurl your way. Amazon
Promising review: 8220;The color melts into my natural lip color and give a little sheen, exactly what I was looking for! It also doesn8217;t get gloppy (you know those clumps of lipstick/lipgloss/chapstick when you8217;ve had it on too long?) after hours of wear! It also smells really good!8221; — Lauren L.
Get it from Amazon for $10 (available in three varieties).
13. Sweet Chef Fresh Pressed Sheet Masks amp up your skincare routine with an extra dose of pore-smoothing, hydration, and brightening, depending on what your skin needs — plus, how cute are those little illustrations?? #selfieapproved Sarah Han Promising review: 8220;I’m not normally a fan of the feel of sheet masks, but this one felt great! The mask fit my face pretty well and stayed put for the entire 20 minutes that I wore it. I loved the smell and it felt cool on my skin. After I took it off my skin looked smooth and hydrated, especially my undereyes which are a problem spot for me. The excess product absorbed quickly and didn’t feel sticky at all.8221; —Erin M.
Get them from Glow Recipe for $3.50 each: Beet + Vitamin A and Ginger + Vitamin C ( Kale + Vitamin B is currently sold out).
14. A8217;Pieu Madecassoside Cream really does it all as far as moisturizers go — it contains 40% centella asiatica leaf water and 0.1% madecassoside* to soothe irritated skin and help repair skin damage, while good 8216;ol niacinamide brightens, witch hazel extract keeps skin looking clear, and lactic acid smooths and plumps skin — whew, that8217;s a mouthful, but in the best, skin-pleasing way. instagram.com
*Madecassoside is an extract of centella asiatica and an active ingredient that has anti-redness and anti-scaling properties.
Promising review: 8220;My skin had developed some dry patches and had become somewhat irritated and sensitive after sudden changes in the weather. The cream helped soothe the irritation and calm the itchiness and sensitivity, as well as the dry patches . It has a cream-gel texture, sinks easily into the skin and doesn8217;t leave an oily film. My skin felt soft and smooth after applying the cream.8221; — EL
Get it from Amazon for $8.50 .
15. Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Daily Cleansing Pads tackle breakouts with just a few swipes of its resurfacing abilities, made up of 2.8% glycolic acid, hyaluronic acid, and witch hazel. Tap to play GIF Tap to play GIF Amazon
Promising review : 8220;I am new to the world of AHAs and glycolic acid, so I8217;m not sure how this product measures up to others similar to it. But I8217;ll never go back to NOT exfoliating. I8217;ve noticed my stubborn acne scars fading drastically after only a week of using these nightly. My recurring acne in those areas seem to be dying down, and my overall skin tone seems to be brightening. I am really impressed so far!8221; — Mitzy McMillion
Get a container of 60 from Amazon for $6.89 .
16. Pacifica Beauty Super Flower Rapid Response Face Oil earns an A+ in nourishment with a super potent blend of blue tansy oil and rose oil (which is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids!) that protects your skin against redness and irritation all winter long — yes, it8217;s essentially a skin superhero! Amazon
Promising review: 8220;Second time I8217;ve bought this product. Love the blue tansy. Seriously wish I could bathe in this. My dry skin absorbs the oil quickly and it plumps my skin, fills in wrinkles, and makes my skin soft. They need to sell a body oil version of this!8221; — fuentes78209
Get it from Amazon for $7.59 .
17. Aveeno Positively Radiant Overnight Hydrating Facial locks in moisture while you snooze and repairs skin cells with a safe-for-sensitive formula that8217;s oil-free, non-comedogenic, and hypoallergenic — thanks to a soy complex and hyaluronic acid, you can wake up to supple, lit-from-within skin. Tap to play GIF Tap to play GIF instagram.com , instagram.com
Promising review: 8220;Really helps reduce the redness I have in my cheeks with my mild rosacea and doesn8217;t make me break out like other heavy night creams.8221; — Chicago913
Get it from Amazon for $13.13 .
18. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Cleanser is a no-fuss daily face wash that helps your skin retain the moisture it needs, while still removing every bit of makeup and dirt — it8217;s very dependable, as you can probably tell. instagram.com
Promising review: 8220;I prefer to double cleanse with an oil or balm cleanser on days I wear makeup or sunscreen, but my skin was getting too annoyed with the foaming cleansers I was using afterward. Now that northern California is burning all around me and winter is coming, my skin needed this cleanser! This is like a mix between a milk and a gel, but it does not foam up. It has a lot of slip and feels cooling on my face. I love the big bottle size and for a slightly pricey brand, this cleanser is fairly priced. I will continue to repurchase this and I bought a bottle for my best friend who has the most sensitive, reactive skin ever, and she loves it too. :)8221; — gwangarang
Get it from Amazon for $14.99 (also available in a purifying version for normal to oily skin ).
19. The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution lets you swap an expensive facial for an at-home remedy that really, truly works — AHAs like glycolic, salicylic, and citric acid dramatically exfoliate your skin, control excess oil (which also prevents future breakouts), and improves the overall look of your skin. Hunny, you8217;re looking stunning! Amazon Promising review: 8220;This product transformed my skin. Those bumps in the top photo would not go away and never turned into actual acne. I’ve been using this product for three to four months and my skin is amazing now. Burns a bit at first, but now it’s part of my normal weekly routine. Could not recommend enough.8221; — Laurel
Check out a BuzzFeeder8217;s full review, 8221; I Tested A $7 Chemical Peel On My Sensitive Skin, And I8217;m High-Key Obsessed ,8221; to see how it fared on her super sensitive skin and helped get rid of excess shine!
Get it from Skinstore for $7.20 .
20. A8217;Pieu Milk Sheet Masks are known to banish Sunday scaries, brighten complexions, douse your skin in comforting hydration, and keep your skin glowing — so kick back and slap one of these bbs on! instagram.com Promising review: 8220;I have extremely dry skin and no moisturizer or face mask has ever kept my skin from getting all flaky for more than a few hours. I was kind of afraid at first for this product because I have very sensitive skin and a lot of sheet masks have given me rashes or acne, but I put this on at night after a shower and when I woke up my face still felt hydrated and fresh. Not even a small dry patch, and no redness or burning . I’ll definitely be purchasing regularly.8221; — Shannan
Get a set of seven from Amazon for $8.93 .
21. Wet Brush Original Detangler is made with ~IntelliFlex bristles~ that detangle all hair types, wet or dry without — I repeat WITHOUT — pulling or tugging. With all of that nonexistent force you8217;re using, there8217;s way fewer chances of experiencing breakage and split ends!! instagram.com Promising review: 8220;I don’t know what kind of sorcery was used to make this brush, but this is the best brush I’ve ever owned in my 31+ years of having long, tangly hair. My hair is fine but I have a lot of it, and it’s currently super long. Other brushes either rip through it and pull out chunks or just graze over knots and don’t address the problem. This brush somehow goes through knots smooth as butter and gets rid of them, and I’m not left with a full head of hair in the bristles afterwards . Just buy this, seriously!8221; — Kate K.
Check out our deep dive, 8221; If Tangled Hair Is Your Worst Nightmare, This Brush Will Be Your Hero 8221; to find out why this is the best brush for tangled hair of all ages!
Get it from Amazon for $7.99+ (available in 10 colors/patterns).
22. Essie Gel Couture Nail Polish gives ya bold color with the strength and long-lasting nature of a gel manicure without the hefty price tag of a salon manicure or the need for LED light curing — bye, party-ruining chipping! amazon.com Promising review: 8220;This is the best nail polish I have found in years. I have problems with peeling nails and have rarely found a polish that actually stays on for more than a day or so. This Essie gel couture is shiny, hard, and actually stays on my nails for at least a week even when used over another coating (Nailtiques Formula 2 ). I have gotten compliments on this polish that it looks like a professional manicure.8221; — Blue
Read our full review, 8221; This Gel Nail Polish Will Change The Way You Do Your Nails Forever ,8221; for more deets!
Get it from Amazon for $7.99+ (available in 11 colors).
23. Nügg Face Mask Glow Kit targets and remedies every issue your face/environment/stress levels decide to bring into play — and each mask has enough goodness to last more than once! Amazon This set includes face masks in Detoxifying , Exfoliating , Hydrating , and Revitalizing .
Promising review: 8220;Out of the four masks, the shea chamomile was the best. It hydrated, moisturized, smoothed, and gave my skin a nice glow. I only used about a teaspoon for my whole face (and stored the rest in airtight Tupperware). Left it on for about 15-20 mins, rinsed, let my face dry, applied moisturizer and voila8230;I was beautiful again!8221; — Kim
Get a four-pack from Amazon for $14.99 .
24. The Body Shop Tea Tree Night Lotion is formulated with Community Fair Trade tea tree oil grown in the foothills of Mount Kenya and controls excess production of oil and sebum on blemish-prone skin. In other words: pimples, you8217;ve met your match. Amazon Promising review: 8220;This product worked wonders for me. I8217;ve been having bad acne problems for more than two years. I8217;ve used everything that my dermatologist told me to use but to no avail. I was about to give up, but after reading up on the reviews about this product, I gave it a try. After three months of using it, my face cleared up — no more scars and no more cystic-like acne .8221; — Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $16.81 .
25. The Seaweed Bath Co. Body Wash envelops your body in a rich, lathering concoction of organic bladderwrack seaweed, antimicrobial neem oil, algae, and aloe vera, so your bod feels like it8217;s soft as a cloud and clean as a sidewalk after a storm. amazon.com Promising review: 8220;So I bought this on a whim because I like other Seaweed Bath Co. products and this one comes in a fragrance-free option. Now, I am hooked and here8217;s why: it8217;s the silkiest shower gel I ever used, the ingredient list is super great, the lather is amazing , and harvested seaweed grows back quickly. If you love luxury bath items, I sincerely recommend this as a cheap indulgence. My other favorite shower gel costs five times as much, but if I had to give up one of them, it wouldn8217;t be the seaweed. Love this stuff.8221; — M. Kaiserin
Get it from Amazon for $6.29+ (available in four varieties).
26. SheaMoisture 100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is the multitasking beauty product you need in your arsenal — it removes makeup like a dream, helps soothe bouts of eczema, and wraps your skin in a blanket of nourishment. Amazon Promising review: 8220;I like to use these as an in-shower facial mask to break down oils on my super-oily skin! I8217;ve noticed my skin clearing up after I started using these. Also a great makeup remover! I have very sensitive skin, and haven8217;t had any irritation.8221; — Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $9.19 .
Can8217;t get enough cheap beauty products? We thought so, so here are some more: 32 Skincare Products Under $20 That8217;ll Literally Leave Your Skin Glowing
27 Beauty Products Under $10 That Are Loved By Amazon Reviewers
24 Cheap Hair Products That Are Pretty Much Better Than Going To The Salon
20 Of The Best Skincare Products Under $10 You Can Get At Walmart
20 Of The Best Skincare Products Under $20 You Can Get At Jet
Looking at this list like: Tap to play GIF Tap to play GIF youtube.com
I MUST HAVE ALL OF YOU!!!
Shopping for something specific? Check out BuzzFeed Reviews to find the best things for every budget! BuzzFeed The reviews used in this post have been edited for length and clarity.
26 January, 2019 Is Regenerist Serum Safe and Effective? When it comes to laptops, cars and the body you want when you8217;re running a marathon, lighter and faster are the qualities that most people look for. These also happen to be attributes that facial care serums hold in very high regard as well. They are normally fast-absorbing, light liquids that are used either in addition or as an alternative to lotions and creams. The largest difference between a lotion or cream and a serum is what the overall formulations do not include. Regenerist serums usually leave out airtight, or occlusive, moisturizing ingredients the likes of mineral oil or petroleum which keeps the water from the skin evaporating. Furthermore, they also have fewer thickening and lubricating agents such as seed or nut oils. Many skin care serums are eliminated, water-based oils altogether. Regenerist serum is basically a lightweight, moisturizer gel that quickly absorbs into the skin and helps slow down the aging process. It claims to produce superb results, some of which include a firmer face alongside smoother skin . Not only that, all this will happen with only one use. After a full month of using it every day, your end results will be much more dramatic. Many skin care professionals8217; top picks always have to include skin care serums. Most of them even make use of them on a daily basis in their own homes. A lot of them are of the opinion that it does wonders for those that have oily skin. Even quite a number of celebrities have begun hopping onto the facial serum bandwagon. The bottom line is that those that aren8217;t feeding their skin with a great serum happen to be doing their skin a terrible disservice. Cost And Benefits Of Serum Due to the fact that thickeners happen to be much cheaper than active ingredients, skin care serums are usually the most cost-effective products in a lot of the skin care lines. When used and applied properly, a serum container that measures one ounce should be able to last you a couple of months. Most brands have medicine-dropper applicators or produce them in pump bottles so you can dispense just the small amount you need per application. Those tiny concentrated drops look insufficient, however, they happen to be super-efficient. Skincare serums are manufactured out of very tiny molecules so that your skin can deeply and quickly absorb them. The heavier, thicker ingredients found in most creams or lotions form a barrier on the skin. For locking moisture in that8217;s great, but they can also lock out active ingredients as well. A lack of these hindrances will allow the facial serums8217; active ingredients to penetrate your skin more effectively as well as much faster. Another good thing that is normally mentioned about serums is that they never leave sticky residue behind and they lack a non-greasy finish as well. Two things that don8217;t happen to be that popular in some particular parts of the cosmetic industry. This one especially. With that said, they still are not for just everyone. The gel-like or viscous liquid texture that most serums have can prove to be a poor match for those people that may be suffering from chronic skin complications the likes of rosacea and eczema. These two conditions are known to weaken the barriers of your skin has. A review of one of the top brands here: https://www.monicasbeauty.com/olay-regenerist-serum-review/ highlights many more pros normally associated with this serum. How To Apply The Serum Are you considering adding a Regenerist serum to your daily cosmetics routine? Well, you8217;re in luck for you8217;ll be in just the right place. For maximum effect, here is how you8217;re advised to apply these magical lightweight elixirs: Step One- You8217;ll first need to start with cleansing your face. After you8217;re done this the next step will be the application of, literally, a pea-sized amount of Regenerist serum using your finger to pat it down evenly over the skin. Step Two- If you8217;re the type that happens to have sensitive skin, then you8217;ll need to wait around ten to fifteen minutes after cleansing your face before you can start to apply the facial serum. When you have damp skin, the application of water-based products is more likely to give rise to skin irritation. Allowing your skin to dry up completely will help slow down penetration. Step Three- You really don8217;t need to avoid using the moisturizer of your choice that you trust and love. Just pat it down onto your skin the Regenerist serum first before anything else. This will ensure that it doesn8217;t get blocked from penetrating the skin. Step Four- If the facial serum you8217;re using happens to be too expensive for twice-a-day overall use there are a few common cosmetic tips you can try implementing. For instance, you can resort to using the facial elixir as a booster either in the evening or in the morning hours. You can simply do this by adding a few tiny drops into your favorite moisturizer. Common Serum Ingredients One of the key ingredients found in most Regenerist serums is something known as an amino-peptide complex . This ingredient not only helps deliver hydration to your skin8217;s surface, but also ten layers deep into the face. This ensures moisture to improve the skin as well as deep hydration. The regeneration of cells that are used to both rejuvenate and refresh your skin is created by this complex component. You can get the formula in either a fragrance-free or scented option. Depends on what you8217;re interested in really. This serum also contains collagen as well as silicone which are the ingredients commonly known for smoothing, softening and plumping skin. They are also what gives the serum that silky, smooth texture as well. Though not everyone that uses serum will record positive experiences, there are a lot more that will applaud this skincare product. Not only is it safe but it also happens to be very effective as well. Many that have used these products have made makeup application so much easier for themselves, created a flawless, smooth face and have lessened even the deepest of their wrinkles. All signs show that serum is actually a very outstanding anti-aging product. If you haven8217;t tried it just yet then you aren8217;t doing your skin any justice.
M-61 PowerGlow Peel ($28 for 10 treatments)
You may have heard that the key to maintaining a summer glow in January is to slough away dead skin. We think that M-618217;s PowerGlow Peel is one of the best ways to do that (and so does most everyone else—one package sells every EIGHT seconds on home base Bluemercury and around the world). Just one step combines chemical exfoliants like salicylic acid and glycolic acid with skin-soothers like chamomile and lavender to gently revitalize tired appearances. 2 / 10 La Mer Crème de la Mer ($325)
Crème de la Mer is the LBD of skin care: It8217;s timeless, deceptively easy and looks good on everyone. Seemingly more myth than legend—trust us right now when we ask you to google 8220;La Mer Conspiracy Theories8221;—this rich cream ft. seaweed and eucalyptus is as good (and real) as gold. It8217;s a tried-and-true top-seller at Bluemercury , Nordstrom , and Net-a-Porter . 3 / 10
Dr. Barbara Sturm Hyaluronic Serum ($300)
Look up 8220;winter skincare8221; in the dictionary, and you8217;ll likely find hyaluronic acid in the description. This incredible ingredient—which can hold 1,000 times its weight in water FYI—is a seriously powerful hydrator. Dr. Barbara Sturm8217;s formula marries the acid with anti-aging purslane for a serum is so good, it8217;s currently completely sold out of Net-a-Porter (but don8217;t fret, it8217;s available elsewhere). 4 / 10
Vintner8217;s Daughter Active Botanical Serum ($185)
One of beauty bloggers8217; worst kept secrets is Vintner8217;s Daughter Active Botanical Serum. The highly-covetable serum—a top product at SpaceNK and Net-a-Porter —packs 22 botanicals into its black bottle to deliver antioxidants, fatty acids and vitamins galore that address most every skin concern (including dehydration and literally everything else, probably). 5 / 10
Beuti Skincare Beauty Sleep Elixir ($65)
We8217;re not necessarily known for being noteworthy mathematicians, but we think that Beauty Sleep Elixir adds up to just one thing: 14 plant oils + anti-inflammatory, red-reducing and wrinkle-fighting effects = many more z8217;s in the morning. This all-natural formula is designed to improve skin tone and clarity overnight while you snooze. Just don8217;t sleep on this deal: make sure to pick up this constant best-seller from Credo before all of your friends do. 6 / 10
Kiehl8217;s Ultra Facial Cream ($18 for .95 oz)
If any beauty product is more universally beloved than Kiehl8217;s Ultra Face Cream, we8217;d like to see proof. With a newly redeveloped formula—still featuring hydrating squalane—this Nordstrom -bestselling skin savior is back and better than ever. 7 / 10
Le Labo Santal 33 Body Lotion ($68)
No offense to Le Labo, but we almost didn8217;t include them in this roundup because we wanted to keep all of the goodness for ourselves. With dreamy hints of white tea and coconut—aside from its incredible moisturizing abilities—Santal 33 Body Lotion is truly liquidized spa, providing relaxation wherever you happen to be. But don8217;t just take it from us, trust the insatiable army of customers who keep it flying off of Net-a-Porter8217;s virtual shelves. 8 / 10
Susanne Kaufmann Body Butter ($81)
As far as we8217;re concerned, 8220;luxury8221; is now spelled: K-A-U-F-M-A-N-N. Fan-fave Body Butter is as powerful as it is utterly soothing. Olive oil and shea butter ensure this whip is a winter warrior that nourishes, even in January. Act quickly though, this cream sells like skin-hydrating hotcakes from Space NK . 9 / 10
Derm-developed Bright Eyes is one of our faves for many reasons: it was a Credo Beauty best-seller all last month, just a drop can eliminate perky puffiness + fine lines around the eyes and the formula is completely vegan. 10 / 10
Marie Veronique Barrier Lipid Complex ($95)
Face oil skeptics, meet your match. Marie Veronique8217;s Barrier Lipid Oil is not only one of December8217;s top sellers at clean beauty retailer Credo , it8217;s also the emollient superhero we need, but don8217;t deserve. Packed with natural oils + cholesterol, this serum hydrates and prevents further water loss. We8217;ll take twelve, thanks.
Proven Benefits of Using Aloe Vera Gel on Your Face and Skin ( courtecy;-By Jenny Hills, Nutritionist and Medical Writer Beauty )
Proven Benefits of Using Aloe Vera Gel on Your Face and Skin By Jenny Hills, Nutritionist and Medical Writer Beauty
Aloe vera is a plant with healing properties that can do wonders for your face and skin. Aloe vera gel is a popular ingredient in many skin lotions, face masks and cosmetics for its medicinal and moisturizing properties. You can also use aloe vera gel directly on your skin and face to treat sunburns, help wounds heal quicker, treat skin irritations and reduce inflammation.
The reason that aloe vera gel is so good for your face and skin is that